Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wish You Were Here...

Greetings from Gloucester, MA (home of the Gorton's fisherman and pregnancy pacts)

We're having fun here on the east coast. It's amazing how much one can appreciate the sights and sounds of where they grew up when they're so removed from it on a regular basis. We've done lots of fun things since we got here Friday... birthday parties, the beach, nice dinners... tonight is the rehearsal dinner and the beginning of the wedding festivities. Who knew that lack of Internet access would be so stressful? As much as we love having no phone or computer, it's been eye-opening how much we rely on it every day.

One thing that hasn't changed is our wait. Our agency says it's no longer looking like this week that we'll get first decree news. I'm trying to use vacation as a distraction but, frankly, it's not working. Jeff and I are both extremely disappointed and saddened that we might actually be back in California when we finally hear the news. (sigh)

I think I need some of that "I believe" attitude back...

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I believe! Have a wonderful vacation!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I BELIEVE! I am standing in agreement with you before the Lord taht you will have FIRST DECREE SOON! :) Enjoy the wedding and all the fun.

love and hugs to ya
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

damn - I have been checking your blog every day for those two words: FIRST DECREE.

Everyone at work misses you much.
WE BELIEVE.

momwithfaithandhope said...

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE. Thanks for the message yesterday. I wanted to call you, but by the time I got home (went to a baseball game after work) it was much too late east coast time. I don't want to bother you while you're enjoying your vacation either. My epxerience has always been, down, then up, so if the news was a "down," then the up is coming!!!! Hang tight Jackie.

Anonymous said...

We believe! Enjoy the wedding and your vacation. You'll need the rest for when you have 3 little kiddos at home! Run on the beach :)
Love ya- Suzi, Addison and Peyton