Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Lesson in Perception

Last week, as I walked out to the driveway to get in the car, a big, dark cloud caught my attention. I don't know why but I stopped and just stared.

Then, not knowing what I would see behind me, I was compelled to turn around. My feet barely moved, it was mostly just my head and shoulders. But right in front of me was the most blue, clear sky I had ever see I didn't even have to make an effort to change my view and perception of the world around me.
IMG_0244
IMG_0245

It was then that I realized it. We can choose to see just the dark clouds looming -- threatening a storm, or we can turn around and recognize the clarity and beauty that's also right within our reach.

I guess you could call that my Silver Whining of the day.

2 comments:

John and Kris said...

Are you sure this was the same day? What a stark contrast. I think life is like that. I was looking at a picture the other day of when my 2 year-old and my 4 year-old emptied 3 bottles of sunscreen on my bed. Oh, and the chewing gum. Arrgh. I sent them to time out and ran for the camera, laughing all the way. Life is full of crazy twists. Keep your eye to the blue sky.

JackieMacD said...

Thanks for the comment. Not only was it the same day, it was the exact same moment in time.