Thursday, March 11, 2010

This Is Not Goodbye...

It's been almost three years since I started this blog. What began as an online journal to help us through the decision to adopt and a way to connect with others through the process, my blog turned into so much more. I have told stories, voiced opinions, revealed fears and frustrations. I have asked you to open your hearts and minds and have tossed ideas and concerns your way.  And we have laughed -- there have been some crazy things happening up in here.

I have shared the story of my family, how we've come together and the challenges we face. But a few months ago, I began to feel differently. While I still feel as strongly and have discovered so many other things I feel passionate about to discuss and debate, revealing the personal life of my kids just doesn't feel the same. It's not that I want to shy away from the topics -- I could spend all day talking about the gift and the curse of parenting, whether it's adoption issues, asthma episodes or a variey of special needs. But when it comes to my kids personally, I am driven more by my need to protect them than the interest in sharing and connecting with others.

I do not know what the future holds. During those hectic days of activities, therapies and trying to keep our family afloat, I think of all that my readers have brought to my life. I appreciate every comment and email that I've ever received -- both the nice and not so much -- and know I'll be back in some way, some day.

You can friend me on Facebook if you want to keep in touch. I'll stop by some time and let you know where I've landed. Don't forget you can read my musings at Family.com.

Take care, be well and appreciate the blessings in your life.

-- Jackie