Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lucy: Then and Now

It was two months ago today that we walked into SLC with nervous anticipation. The year-long wait had been reduced to just moments. And there she was -- the daughter we had only dreamed about. Sometimes I wonder how they were able to contain Miss Lucy in such a small space. She gets more and more energetic and ambitious with each passing day.

Many parents take the traditional holding-the-referral-photo shot on the anniversary of the referral. But considering our one year referral-versary (9/21) was eleven days after we returned home from Taiwan, we were still in a sleep-deprived fog. And the pain of waiting was still so fresh in our hearts that recognizing we had just waited an entire year was just too much.

4 comments:

momwithfaithandhope said...

No way!!! I get to be the first to comment?! Lucky me on the West Coast. . .others must be sleeping. I can't believe how much Lucy has grown! Darryl said her face looks to have filled out a bit! Love her pony on top of her head, and what a great "then and now" - thanks for the reminder! Our one year annivesary from referral is coming up too. I have no idea how they kept up with Lucy at SLC, but I'm sure they miss her and her energy!

Rebecca Lily said...

Yes, a year is MUCH too long to wait! I am just happy she is finally home with her peeps. :) Can't believe how much she has changed. Must be all the love. :)

lorabelle said...

I'm laughing at those pony tails Jackie, and wondering if Lucy screams the entire time you are trying to get them in! LOL...
Not enough hair yet for a pony tail, but I'll be sure to post if she'll let me...
Our year will be here before we know it. I agree with Tiff, that Lucy's face does seem fuller. She really does look happy and healthy.
Lora

Room for More said...

I love her expression while she's holding that picture. "Is this how you want me to stand, Mommy?" Those cheeks are just so squeezable!