Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...

up·date ˈʌpˌdeɪt; n.
-dat·ed, -dat·ing,

-verb
to bring (a person, organization, etc.) up to date on a particular subject

–noun
an act or instance of updating:
information or data used in updating.

I got an "update" call today. There was such little to no information that I got from it that I thought it would be good to consult a dictionary to confirm I actually knew the definition.

OK - sarcasm aside...

Our paperwork is still being "processed". Not sure what that even means. Of course what I do know it means is that we're not getting any info anytime soon.
(deep breath)

I will now return you to the regularly scheduled attempt at finding perspective.

OK - here's some good news! Families who had received their referrals at the same time or after us are now getting word to travel. Of course my first reaction is to feel sorry for us -- considering that could be US if we didn't have this paperwork glitch. But I am very happy for the families who will soon meet their little ones. So head on over to Mel and Judy K to send your congrats!

1 comment:

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Hey Jackie, I can totally relate! Last year, we were the last to travel out of a group that got referrals around the same time. We were so happy for the other families but so sad for us. You seem like you're doing a good job keeping a sense of humor and perspective--and your journey will be amazing even if it takes a little longer! Take care.