This is the post where I'm supposed to be sharing all the fantastic information we collected at the agency's "Attachment and Bonding" class over the weekend.
We never got there.
Due to that horrific tunnel crash and fire, we were pretty much trapped from leaving our general area all weekend. The freeway was closed until this morning. It was so bad that it took Jeff 5 hours to drive home (30 miles) from work Friday night. But he got home safe (albeit exhausted) and, for that, I am grateful.
If you're wondering where we are in the adoption process... I was convinced we would hear today that our dossier (the ultimate in adoption files) was heading to Taiwan tomorrow. Nope.
The call we DID get was that one of the seventeen pages that needed to be done now has to be RE-DONE. What does that mean? It means that the agency won't get it back until the middle of NEXT week. In this very moment, it feels like a crushing blow. As difficult as it was to wait for our referral, knowing there's a baby waiting to meet her family and one piece of paper is slowing that down is enough to make a girl break down.
The delay is minor in the grand scheme of things. But really, we just want our baby girl home. Is that too much to ask?
P.S. In case you weren't aware, we had decided when we began this process that we would be the one family with absolutely no setbacks and we would be traveling to Taiwan in record time. In fact, I think the plan was that we'd break all records in how quickly we got our daughter. Guess life had other plans.