Saturday, October 27, 2007

Can I get a Woo Hoo?


Yes! Our dossier made it to Taiwan! Even though we knew it was sent Tuesday, it's a tiny victory when you hear it actually arrived at its destination. As you can see by the pink heart post it at the bottom of the letter, Kerry - our agency program director- is also a Red Sox fan. Go Sox, indeed!


Today, our agency hosted a class different from those we've been to before. Amy, a 20-something young woman, was adopted at 3-months-old from Korea. She shared her story of international adoption and the challenges she's faced growing up in a multi-cultural family. We felt like our eyes were opened a little bit to things we hadn't thought of. But we also feel like we're going into this with our heads and hearts in the right place. We also got to meet Kimberly whose little princess, Rachel, came home from China recently. It was so nice to see Rachel in person after following their blog for so long. And we got the chance to catch up with Marina and Wes. They're getting closer to referral day! We look forward to getting to know them as both of our families continue on the adoption journey.

Jeff and I found it funny that our "alone" time away from the kids is often for things like adoption classes. Are we romantic or what?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO can you hear me in PA? This is great news and one major milestone step to miss lucy! Here's to a super speedy court process :) So happy for you!

Tiffany
www.youbelong.net/rhines

Rebecca Lily said...

TERRIFIC news!! Here's a WOOOO-HOOOO from us too!!!

Isn't it wonderful, the connections you make with other families sharing the journey with you??

Lori & Michael said...

Hmm...I'm still figuring out this blog thing and I think I just emailed you instead. But I wanted to say WOO-HOO! Congrats :)

Lori & Michael said...

Hmmm...I think I just emailed you instead of leaving a comment the first time. I just wanted to say WOO-HOO and congrats on the dossier! :)