Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Six Months Later: The Interview with Taiwan Lucy!

I remember, a half a year ago today, bringing a scared, wobbly, whiny, clingy, tiny little girl home to meet her brothers. Those first days felt like they dragged on forever and I truly feared they would never get better.

Six months later, she is smart, sassy, funny, opinionated, adventurous and -- while still tiny -- finally growing. She communicates most of her needs, is almost completely potty trained (trying to keep up with her brothers!), and handles the brief separation time at her parent/tot class like a champ (swings trump mom any day). Lucy not only stands up to her brothers, she actually instigates a great deal of the trouble. While she still prefers Daddy, there was one day last week that she actually said "no!" when Daddy wanted to take her downstairs. Of course I was doing my makeup and she wanted a part of it...but hey, it's progress!

The past six months feel like they zipped past us. I think we're just coming out of the haze that you find yourself in when you bring home a new baby. But every month feels better than the last, and I'd be willing to bet there may actually be a day in the not-so-distant future, when we feel like raising these three incredible kids isn't kicking out butts so much after all. A girl can dream.

12 comments:

Malky B. said...

So cute! Glad she's adjusting well.

The Family K. said...

She's doing great! And how about that potty training? Wow...

Anonymous said...

She is completely adorable!!

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

Oh Lucy you are so loved and SO smart!!! Wow Jackie, I'm just marveling at all she has learned in a few brief months, that is amazing. You give me hope, I've been so down as we play the waiting game now with our own adoption. No word on a court date yet for Little Miss, but I'm hopeful that you and I will finally get our little girl playdate someday. :)

Love to you and Lucy - this really brightened my morning. XO! - Daria

http://www.muirheadkingdom.com/blogs/daria/2009/03/09/792/

Retro Girl said...

She is absolutely precious! :-) She seems to be doing really well! Potty training & counting?! :-) Way to go Lucy!!! So heartwarming...this made my day! (I am praying that soon, it'll be my turn!! if the S.Korean Gov't would HURRY!!! lol)

Have a fab week! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Selby says, "Awwww, that's a cute baby." Pretty sure she means Lucy, not the doll, but you never know.

Lucy is so beautiful!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Oh my! I had no idea that Lucy had grown up so much!!! Potty time and counting!!! What great milestones to celebrate. Six Months Home. . .in one word, AMAZING. Isn't it?! Lucy is super smart and her voice is so sweet! Can't wait to have her blow kisses in person!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Lucy really amazes me! Not only is she incredibly smart, funny and fearless, but she continues to take leaps not steps all the time. And seeing her personality and spirit, she was destined to be your daughter Jack. I am so proud of my beautiful niece. I can't to see what comes next.

The family of six said...

Wow she can count?!?! I need to get on it. She is so adorable. I'm glad you hear you are "getting out of the woods". Six months home is a huge milestone. We are still in the woods here though... hopefully it will get easier soon!

Deborah said...

Wow! Once the first days of adjusting to being a family are over, the time goes sooo fast. Congratulations on being a together family for 6 whole months. May the next 6 be even better, full of many more happy adventures.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Oh my gosh it is great to see that little love on video :) She has grown alot since we got our kiddos at St. Lucy's! You are doing an amazing job!! I am so impressed! :)

Big hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com