We are proud to announce our two new children -- Samantha and Zaig.
OK, before you say, "have they gone absolutely nuts," Samantha and Zaig were born into our family a few weeks ago -- through Jacob's imagination. In fact, even though they just arrived recently, according to Jacob, both of them are older siblings -- Samantha is ten years old and Zaig is nine.
There are tremendous benefits to having two imaginary children.
• They are quiet, polite and never fight.
• They keep Jacob entertained and expand his creative mind.
• He's been perfecting his empathy and compassion on them.
• They don't require beds, clothing, food or toys.
• No babysitter necessary!
• They're a tax deduction. (They are, right?)
I have to say, having Samantha and Zaig around is a joy. Had I known how easy it would be to raise them, maybe we wouldn't have gone with the other three (wink, wink).