Saturday, June 2, 2007

The start of something big...

It's always been something I've told people... "We might adopt someday". For as long as I can remember, I saw myself adopting a little girl at some point. Probably since I was adopted, along with my 10 siblings, at 4-years-old when my Dad remarried after the early death of my 39-year-old mother from breast cancer. "Someday" is getting closer and closer! After giving birth to two absolutely incredible boys (who are now 3 and 20 mos), after months of research on adoption, which country and which agency; as well as a lot of soul searching, yesterday was day 1 of the process! We turned in our application to Kerry at Heartsent International. Fortunately for us, I'd already ordered our birth certificates and marriage certificate. Hopefully that will save us some time. Now it's passports, medical forms, financial info and fingerprinting... just to get things started.

I know that I'll probably be sharing a lot of stress and anxiety during this 12-14 month process but, for right now, I'm just excited and emotional and can't wait to meet my baby girl!


No comments: